Wednesday 29 October 2014

Back in production

Over 4 months have passed since my last post; since then I have had a cortisone injection in my wrist and physiotherapy, this has removed the pain and enabled me to get back to 'playing with wet dirt (clay)'. I am a happy potter again.

My kiln had been out of action for so long that I had to brush away the cobwebs before using it again in September! Since then I have been busy making items which I hope to sell in the build up to Christmas at Riseley Village Tea Rooms as well as doing a few experiments with slip and firing glazes at a higher temperature.

Here are some photos of some of my recent work:-
Shallow heart bowl (cobalt oxide under vellum off-white glaze)
Shallow triangle bowl (copper oxide under vellum off-white glaze)
Triple bowl
Pots with new style of handle
Four heart bowl
Bowls (cobalt oxide under copper red glaze)
Heart bowls using new pink clay
Birds - seem to have rectified recent cracking.
Bowls with slip experimentation - the cats are pleased with them!

No comments:

Post a Comment